HURON – The South Dakota Auctioneers Association Bid Calling Contest and Benefit Auction will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 1, on the Dakotaland Stage at the State Fair in Huron.
For the 15th year, the association is partnering with a youth group to provide funds for community programs in South Dakota. That partner this year is the South Dakota Youth Foundation, Inc. collaborating with SD FCCLA in the healthy living initiative. Its goal is to empower young people to make good decisions for their health.
Over 40 different items have been donated. Here are a few items from the lineup, including a featured category called “Grandparent Alert!” These are items and/or adventures that may be of special interest for grandparents to give or do with their grandchildren.
• Camping supplies courtesy of Jacks Campers
• An IPAD w/wifi capbility
• Grandparent alert! Two Meodra Musical tickets, Medora, North Dakota
• Grandparent alert! Four wristband passes – good for unlimited attraction rides for one day and cave tour at Rushmore Cave
• Four rounds of 18 hole golf with cart at Edgebrook Golf Course
• $200 in E30 Ethanol Bucks courtesy of Glacial Lakes Energy
• Gift certificates galore – Scheels, Hy-Vee, Dimock Cheese and more
• SDSU football tickets and Cubby's gift certificate – Minnesota Twins/SDSU baseball cap
• Sioux Falls and Brooking Adventure packages for kids, grandparents and parents.
Come and enjoy the excitement of the South Dakota State Auctioneer Association Bid Calling Contest. The auctioneers each have their own unique style – the competition is fast and furious.
The South Dakota Auctioneers Association will be auctioning off these items during its annual Bid Calling Contest. For more information on the auction, contact the SD Youth Foundation at [email protected]