• Bowes gets contract for detention pond, Division Avenue storm water improvements
BROOKINGS – An hour-long city budget presentation preceded the Brookings City Council’s regular meeting Tuesday, but councilors were able to polish off the rest of the business session in near-record time.
In just 32 minutes, the council:
• Awarded the contract for the first phase of the Division Avenue Drainage improvement Project;
• Leased a portion of the Brookings Research & Technology Center to SGS North America Inc., a seed and ag testing company;
• Approved a pair of change orders for work on the airport runway realignment project;
• Adopted two new ordinances;
• Approved a temporary liquor license for a VFW Poker Run Aug. 30 at the National Guard Armory.For the complete article see the 08-14-2014 issue.
Click here to view the 08-14-2014 E-Edition containing the rest of this article.