312 5th Street, Brookings, SD 57006 • Ph: 605-692-6271 • Fax: 605-692-2979
E-EDITION LAST UPDATED:
Current E-Edition

News Sports Court/Police Community Obituaries Calendar Photos Home 

Discarded sparklers start fire

Posted: Friday, Jul 5th, 2013


A Fourth of July fire at 1907 Olwien St. cause significant damage to an attic area above this garage, but the attached home is still liveable.


BROOKINGS Discarded sparklers that were still hot when they went into a garbage can are to blame for a Fourth of July fire in Brookings.

The unintentional blaze caused structural damage in the attic above the garage at 1907 Olwien St.

Fire Chief Darrell Hartmann said firefighters were called to the scene at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday.

For the complete article see the 07-05-2013 issue.

Click here to view the 07-05-2013 E-Edition containing the rest of this article.











Select Page:
Within:
Keyword:

Google

Entertainment







 

Copyright 2014 News Media Corporation

News    Classifieds    Shoppe    Search    ContactUs    TalkBack    Subscribe    Information    E-Edition    Business Portal