• Wire took out transformer, started arcing at Sexauer building
BROOKINGS – An electrical fire brought Brookings firefighters to the Sexauer Elevator three times on Monday. The blaze was the result of a wire that took out a transformer and started arcing where it entered the building.
Property damage at the elevator is estimated at $10,000, and one fireman suffered a minor hand injury at the scene.
Brookings Fire Chief Darrell Hartmann said volunteers were first called to the elevator on First Street South at 8:19 a.m. Monday, for a report of flames shooting out of the building about 20 feet up.
For the complete article see the 02-12-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 02-12-2013 paper.